Motorcycle Riding Clinics From the Chiropractor Belmont Trusts
Here at Full Motion Chiropractic, you could say that our name carries a double meaning. Not only do we help you regain or maintain optimal flexibility and pain-free range of motion in your everyday routine, but one of our services in particular can help you make all the right moves on your motorcycle. We're referring to our own Doc Wong's Motorcycle Riding Clinics, as led by the chiropractor Belmont trusts with its health, Dr. Harry K. Wong.
Whether you ride your bike everywhere an want to enhance your techniques, or you're just now getting back into this activity after a long absence (as Doc Wong himself did back in 1990), you owe it to yourself to lean more about these fun, information-filled, hands-on educational events. They're all aimed at helping you transform yourself into a stronger, safer, more skilled motorcyclist -- which fits beautifully into our mission to help you steer clear of painful injuries for life!
Dr. Wong Can Help You Ride Safely and Comfortably
Doc Wong has certainly had his own first-hand experiences with many aspects of motorcycling -- including an accident, which occurred during a rare lapse into overconfidence when first returning to the world of riding. While he wasn't seriously injured, it only reinforced his commitment to helping others learn, improve and remember critical riding skills. In the 21 years that he's served the motorcycling community, Doc Wong has taught an astonishing 41,000 students -- and he'd love to add you to that list!
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Workshops
What can you expect from Doc Wong's clinics? Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions on the subject:
- What's the purpose of the clinics? Doc Wong aims to help you enhance both your riding skills and your enjoyment of this great pastime, while also sharpening your survival skills. When you consider that an estimated two-thirds of all single-vehicle accidents are due to rider error, the importance of guided training from en experienced rider becomes that much more apparent.
- What topics will we be covering? We routinely offer ongoing discussions of understanding and obeying your own limits, riding in groups, and public relations. But we also feature a rotating topic of the month which can cover anything from cornering confidance and handling various types of road conditions to smooth riding, survival skills and riding with a passenger.
- How much does it cost? The dirt riding clinics are only $20 -- and the street riding clinics are absolutely free of charge for the one-hour lecture and four-hour group ride through the gorgeous scenary of Santa Cruz.
- What skill level is required? While these rides are not fast sport events, they're not for absolute beginners either -- you'll need to already have a basic proficiency, such as you might have after 6 months of riding, so you can know how your bike responds to various instructions and conditions. the ability to handle Skyline Boulvard's mountainous roads can be considered a good basic qualification.
Check Out These Workshop Options From the Chiropractor Belmont Rides With
Are you intrigued by the prospect of gaining new motorcycling skills and insights from the chiropractor Belmont rides with? Then take a look at the complete list of Doc Wong's Motorcycle Riding Clinics -- including upcominng events you'll want to mark on your calendar!
- Doc Wong Street Riding Clinics - Get expert advice and real-time experience navigating the twists and turns of the Skyline Hills. Doc Wong divides this clinic into groups of 10 based on current skill level.
- Suspension Clinics I & II - The first of these clinics offers basic information on a typical motorcycle suspension (using th real thing for reference), while the second delves into topics such as fork and shock construction.
- Doc Wong Motorcycle Ergonomics and Body Positioning Workshop - Learn the proper positions and bike adjustments for your individual body type so can avoid or react to hazards.
- Doc Wong Dirt Clinics - Dirt riding is a different challenge than street riding, and Doc Wong can get you ready for it in this two-part class. the Firday class is a discussion and demonstration of the drills to be performed in the Sunday class. If you have a dirt bike or dual-sport bike, bring it along to the Sunday class; if not, watch and learn!
- Track Days - Track Days are an exciting opportunity to ride your street bike on a real race track in a controlled environment. Doc Wong is an active participant in the Track Club (Club Desmo) and will be happy to get you started on the days when he's riding with the club!
- August 10, 2017 "Riding Position and Ergonomics Workshop" Thursday night 6:30pm
- August 13, 2017 "Smooth Riding - Awareness, Vision and the Vanishing point" Sunday 9am-2:30pm
- August 17, 2017 "Braking Confidence and Skills Workshop" Thursday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- August 24, 2017 “Special Doc Wong Workshop: Crash Scene—Life and Death Workshop” Thursday night 6:30pm
- September 3, 2017 "Cornering Confidence - Road Surfaces and Curve Configurations" Sunday 9am-2:30pm
- September 7, 2017 "Special Doc Wong Long Distance Touring Clinic!" Thursday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- September 8/10, 2017 "Dual Sport Adventure Riding Clinic" Friday 6:30pm and Sunday 9am
- September 14, 2017 "Riding Position and Ergonomics Workshop" Thursday night 6:30pm
- September 22, 2017 "Basic Suspension Part 1” Friday night 6:30pm
- October 8, 2017 "Cornering Confidence - Throttle Control" Sunday 9am-2:30pm 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- October 12, 2017 "Riding Position and Ergonomics Workshop" Thursday night 6:30pm
- October 19, 2017 "Braking Confidence and Skills Workshop" Thursday night 6:30pm
- October 27/29, 2017 "Dual Sport Adventure Riding Clinic" Friday 6:30pm and Sunday 9am
- La Ducati Day (Date TBD) - Don't miss this major event to raise funds for the La Honda Volunteer Fore Department, featuring everything from bike shows and displays to talks, contests, vendors and raffles!
- November 5, 2017 "Smooth Riding - Shifting and Braking" Sunday 9am-2:30pm
- November 9, 2017 "Riding Position and Ergonomics Workshop" Thursday night 6:30pm
- November 16, 2017 "Special Doc Wong Long Distance Touring Clinic!" Thursday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- November 17, 2017 "Basic Suspension Part 2” Friday night 6:30pm
- November 30, 2017 "Braking Confidence and Skills Workshop" Thursday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- December 3, 2017 "Cornering Confidence - Judging Entrance Speed" Sunday 9am-2:30pm
- December 14, 2017 "Riding Position and Ergonomics Workshop" Thursday night 6:30pm
Also, keep an eye out for an announcement about Doc Wong's group event at Keith Code's California Superbike Schools. Call Full Motion Chiropractic at 1-800-400-ACHE to learn more!